4.03.2011

The April Crackdown

In exactly 42 days, I am heading to The Sunshine State to visit Orlando with my little bro, Chris.  I am super excited because I have never taken a real vacation.
I am not going to miss this.
I am going to miss this.
My birthday is in May, and I'm FINALLY finishing up my MBA!  Woot woot!  This trip is kind of a birthday/graduation present to myself.  I posted a few weeks ago about how I am using this upcoming trip to motivate my weight loss efforts.  I am really anxious about the fact that I might not fit on all of the rides at Universal Studios.

I found this website where people share their experiences at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.  They list their measurements and talk about what rides they could and couldn't ride on.  It seems like anyone under 250 pounds didn't have any problem fitting on all of the rides.  My short-term goal at this point is to be under 250 by May 16th.

I know I can get there.  I will need to lose about 3 pounds a week to meet the goal.  That is a little more than I usually like to lose per week, and it's a little more than I have been losing per week.  However, I have so much to lose that I think I can safely lose that much each week and then scale it down after the trip.

I have noticed that the weeks I work out 3 or more days per week, I have been losing a LOT more than the weeks where I don't work out much (Go figure.  Huh?).  I've also been kind of lax on my eating plan.  I have been keeping a running calorie total in my head, but I've been eating out and eating some junk food.  That has got to stop.

So here's the plan.  I'm going to stick to proteins, vegetables and fruits and eat only "real" food, no manufactured junk (I'm talking about you Easter Basket Cakes).  I'll eat several small meals a day to keep my metabolism working all day.  As far as exercise, I plan to work out 6 days a week.  My goal is to do about 5 hours total per week.

I want to see what I am really capable of when I stick to a healthy food and exercise plan for 30 days without any cheating.  Who's with me?

3 comments:

  1. Hey congrats on the MBA! I know it's no easy feat!! What are your plans post MBA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. I just wanted to say good luck for your weightloss!!! At Thorpe Park (uk) they have a 'fat seat' to test whether you are too big to go on the rides, I went for my birthday and ended up sitting around because I was too big for most of them :(!!! Its such a good goal to have, because the next summer I went back and went on every ride!!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your site by accident, and I really enjoy reading it. I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you do. I have been tracking my calories on loseit.com and it has really been helpful. You can tell it how much you want to lose per week, and it will figure how many calories you need to eat, as well as keep track. I started January 10 and have managed to lose just over 27 pounds since then. Just thought I'd pass it along, it's been really helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete