4.09.2011

Weigh-In: Week 14

The word of the week this week was STRUGGLE.  I struggled to stay motivated.  I struggled to eat right even though my sugar cravings came back with a vengence.  Every single day was a struggle to get off the couch and get moving.  I definitely struggled, but I made it.  I had a good week and worked out a lot.  I also made smart choices when eating.  I was hoping for a big loss on the scale because I actually feel skinnier this week.  Does that ever happen to you?  You just wake up one day and actually feel skinnier?  Well, I felt skinnier, but I really didn't lose too much.  However, I am still going down little by little, and that's all that matters.  I will keep at it.  :)

I don't know how many of you are still watching The Biggest Loser.  Do you remember a few seasons ago a contestant named Julie Hadden?  She's a mom that was diagnosed with PCOS, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.  PCOS is an endocrine disorder that affects your reproductive system.  According to Wikipedia, insulin resistance, diabetes, and obesity are all strongly correlated with PCOS, but the cause of PCOS is still unknown and there is no cure.  PCOS also makes it hard to lose weight.  I remember Julie on The Biggest Loser being so upset because she wasn't losing weight as fast as everyone else.  The first week, she only lost a couple of pounds, while the other contestants were losing 20-30 pounds.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001 right after my 19th birthday.  I know this disease is probably contributing to my slow weight loss.  Even though I am working hard every week and feel myself getting stronger, it is so frustrating to still be hanging around in the high 260s.  But regardless of how slow this weight loss goes, I am still going to get to the finish line at some point.  On The Biggest Loser, Julie ended up being the runner-up at the finale, so she was ultimately able to reach her goal weight.  It just took a little longer than the others.

Beginning Weight: 268.0
Week 14 Weight: 267.6

Week 14 Weight Loss: 0.4 pounds

Total Weight Loss: 18.6 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment