3.10.2011

In It To Win It

Last night, I realized something.  I am really doing this.  I am really losing weight, and I actually feel like I CAN do this.  I know it sounds like it's not a big deal...but to me, it's a big deal.  I have failed so many times trying to lose weight and usually end up even bigger than I was before I started.  But not this time.

I feel like I have a completely different mindset this time.  I feel like the food I am eating is healthy but also something I will be happy with even after losing the weight.  No cottage cheese and Egg Beaters for me.  Too diety (if that's a word).

One thing I always, always, always struggle with when trying to lose weight is sugar.  I LOVE sugar!  I can down an entire bag of Oreos and a half-gallon of ice cream in one night.  Sad, but true.  I decided in January when I first started eating healthier, I would have to pretty much cut sugary desserts out for now.  I just can't be trusted with them.

The great news is that after fighting sugar cravings for over a month, they have almost completely disappeared.  No more laying awake at night fantasizing about baking (and eating) a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies all by myself. 

I know I haven't conquered all my demons, and I know I'll be put in situations that will tempt me and test me.  But now I feel like I can control myself.  Let me tell you...that is a GREAT feeling!

2 comments:

  1. I can TOTALLY relate to this post

    I remember very well when I realised - wow - I am ACTUALLY going to succeed this time. Just when you KNOW it's going to happen

    Great blog :)

    http://meandunislim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it. That is how I feel about THIS time. Way to go - you are doing great work.

    ReplyDelete