3.20.2011

BMI

If you're looking to lose a few pounds but are not sure where to set your goal weight, your BMI is a good place to start.  BMI stands for Body Mass Index and takes your height into account when determining a healthy weight.

A healthy BMI is 18.5 to 25.  Anything over 25 is considered overweight, and anything over 30 is obese.

Calculate your own BMI here.

At 5'6 and 269 pounds currently, my BMI is 43.4.  Yikes!

To get into the "normal" range, I need to get below 155 pounds.  I've lost about 17 pounds so far and have 114 pounds to go. 

Wow.  That's a hard number to look at.  Just knowing that I was more than 130 pounds overweight makes me think, How did this happen?  I know there's no use dwelling on the past.  I need to continue to move forward and take it one day at a time.

Have you calculated your BMI yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment