2.23.2011

Setting Mini-Goals

For those of you who have been reading over the last couple weeks, you know I have been struggling with trying to really get myself into the weight loss mindset.  I will do great for a few days and think I am on the right track just to fall right back into my old habits.  I mentioned last week that I think it is because I have such a large amount of weight to lose.  I'm not trying to make excuses, but it really is hard to focus on weight loss when losing so much weight seems like such a huge, insurmountable hurdle to get over. 

Realistically, I need to lose about 120 pounds to be at a healthy weight.  I could probably lose even more (closer to 150 pounds) to be at the weight that is supposedly "ideal" for my height.  This number gets a tad overwhelming to me when I think about the last two months of struggling just to lose 8 pounds.

So...I have decided to take a different approach.  I am going to try to stop thinking about the big picture for a while and just focus on some mini-goals.  I want to break everything up into manageable goals so that I feel like I am really working toward something and achieving something every week.  Sometimes you just have to play some mind games with yourself.  :)

My goal for this week is going to be to work out at least 30 minutes a day 5 days this week (which I did already today..Yay!) and to lose 2 pounds at this week's weigh-in.

Are any of you setting any mini-goals this week?  Have you recently reached any of your goals?  Tell me about it!  I would love to hear and celebrate with you. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a mini-goal which will actually be a huge milestone if I hit it - be under 200 by my next weigh-in (Monday)....soo....fingers crossed and anxiously waiting to see how things play out on the scale.

    ReplyDelete