6.21.2011

Summer and a Much Needed Weigh-In

For a lot of people, summer is the best time of the year.  People look forward to summer almost as much as Christmas, dreaming of swimming, grilling, camping, and any number of other outdoor activities.  All around the country, millions of kids spend the month of May waiting for the strict schedules of school to change into day after day of fun in the sun. 

For me, summer is the absolute worst time of the year.  It is hot, for one…like ridiculously hot.  I can’t hide under layers of clothing like I can in the winter.  I don’t want to go anywhere near a pool.  God forbid I be seen in a swimming suit or shorts.  Just going grocery shopping turns into an uncomfortable, sweaty, miserable experience.  Oh, and did I mention that it’s hot?
The thing is…I want to love summer.  I want to throw on shorts and a tank top and go to the lake with my friends.  I want to walk around a street fair and not feel like I’m going to have a heat stroke.

I have to admit that I haven’t been doing great on the weight loss front for the past month or so.  I have been queen of the drive-thru lately.  I am in a pattern that I have to get out of.  I know how to eat healthy.  I like healthy foods.  I just can’t seem to string together more than one day without saying, “Eff it,” and losing myself in a sugar-induced stupor. 

Since today is the first day of summer, it’s got me thinking.  I need another challenge, a goal to reach for.  There are exactly 365 days until the start of next summer.  A lot can change in a year, and I know I can improve my health a lot in the next year.  By next summer, I want to be am going to be healthy.  I want to be am going to be a part of the summer instead of lying on a couch with the A/C blasting praying for fall.  I want to look forward to the summer.  I know I can get myself back on track.

And now to the weigh-in... 

Current Weight: 273.0

My results weren’t exactly unexpected, but it’s still very frustrating to realize I’ve gained back almost 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks or so.  I worked hard to lose that weight, and it was all too easy to put back on.  I’ll be back to posting weekly weigh-ins from now on, and I have a ton of healthy recipes that I have been wanting to try.  I’ll be sure to share all the good ones with you guys.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment